TerryTheTatter

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not Tatting


We have formed the Jer-Lisa Service Group with members of my church. We are making stuffed, dressed dolls, fleece Teddy bears with hearts on the tummy and I'm making knitted Teddy bears. These will ride along with the fire/police dept. to give to children in stressful situations. Here are some of my bears. Some don't have the white "twinkle" in their eye nor the bow around their necks, but they have been fun. I've now completed 10 bears/dogs/mice. I've also been knitting hats for newborns. In between, I'm still tatting.

6 Comments:

  • i love the animals. what a nice thing you do in making these for the children. do you have a pattern for them? i belong to a group called "the preemie project" who do all kinds of knitting, crocheting and sewing for the preemies and also for craft sales where the money is used for the preemies and their families. you could email me off-line if you would prefer.
    shirley b.

    By Blogger Shirley Burger, at 10:09 AM  

  • Terry this is a fab idea. My former church (we moved out of state) had a White Cross group and we made preemie take home outfits, sheets for orphanage, little kits with color crayons and paper for children to color in church (they were returned after services); and also, for the Women's Shelter we made large tote bags and filled them with necessities for the children. (ie: tooth brush, soap et cet). I really enjoyed working with the group although I could only do the very basic basting or cutting out the patterns as I don't sew. But there was something for every one to do! XX Bev

    By Blogger Ridgewoman, at 12:06 PM  

  • Those bears are so cute!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:01 PM  

  • Terry, I am trying to track down family and wonder if you are related to me? My grandfather, Terry as well, left Detroit for California 40 years ago. Does this sound like any match?

    By Blogger Don Gemus, at 9:31 PM  

  • love your teddies, what a super idea.

    By Blogger Tatskool, at 2:03 AM  

  • What a wonderful idea. *hugs*

    By Blogger Sewicked, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home