TerryTheTatter

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New ornament

I had just completed another bookmark designed by Brigette Nettles when I went to Michael's and found this onion shaped ornament. It's really small. I switched to size 45 thread (#12 Perle cotton), worked the bookmark then added a top and bottom. The bottom is really level, it just photograped sideways. I'd love to post the pattern but since the main part is Brigette's design, I can't.
Amazingly, knowing my love of beads, there isn't one bead in sight. I could change that. I left a picot along the bottom edge of the center part to drape some beads if I find it necessary. What do you think?

9 Comments:

  • I think it's totally beautiful as it is. Missed you at Palmetto tat days this year again. Do hope we meet again sometime.

    By Blogger Jane Eborall, at 2:00 PM  

  • I love that shape i also got some from Michaels and enjoy playing with them also you did a great job

    By Blogger Ginny W, at 2:52 PM  

  • Hi Terry,
    I say it look sbeautiful as usual and I think the beads drap;ed would really add to it.
    JeanneZ

    By Blogger JeanneZ, at 3:40 PM  

  • That is so beatiful!!

    By Blogger *♥* Heather *♥*, at 4:23 PM  

  • Very pretty! ♥ it! :)

    ~TattingChic ♥

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:36 PM  

  • What a neat ornament and beautiful tatting! Next time I go to Amarillo I check out the store! Thanks for sharing..

    By Blogger Quayceetatter, at 8:28 AM  

  • This is absolutely lovely ...bead it if you love beads but it is great as it is
    Huggles
    Joy in OZ

    By Blogger Art by JoyMac, at 3:07 PM  

  • With this shape of ornament, one could tat Hot Air Balloons with it and it would be adorable on a christmas tree!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:22 AM  

  • Star beat me to it! I instantly thought "hot air balloon"!
    Now there's a thought..hmmmm!

    By Blogger Toptattyhead, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home